Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's all about Circuit Training.

Everyone has been asking me..."how did you do it...most importantly how did you do it so fast?" The secret is circuit training, or sometimes known as H.I.T. (high intensity training). Now what exactly is that you may be wondering. To put it simply its a mixture of intense 30 sec. intervals of cardio followed by strength training toning moves with no rest between sets. One session is usually made up of anywhere from 3-5 circuits. An example of this would be 30 sec. of jumping jacks followed by a set of 15 bicep curls, followed by 30 sec. of butt-kicks. If you are a fan of the show The Biggest Loser you have seen circuit training in action. It's intense and burns more calories then traditional cardiovascular exercise alone. I love it because its a way of getting my heart rate up so I am getting that great cardio workout but I am also toning and strengthening my muscles at the same time without taking too much time out of my already very busy day. If you have ever been curious about this type of workout try it, you'll get results.

No comments:

Post a Comment