So I found this totally amazing vegan burger patty and found it to be so delicious I had no choice but to blog about it. As you all know I have been experimenting and trying to find new and delicious ways to have some of my favorite fatty and waist expanding foods without....you know actually expanding my waist. I have found it. The holy mecca of lean and low-fat burgers!!! I have had many different kinds of vegan burgers in the past and for the most part have found them okay, this for sure tops them all. May I introduce Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers!! I popped this bad boy in the microwave, topped it off with some Sargento 2% Pepper Jack cheese, slapped it on a whole wheat bun with Kraft Mayo made with olive oil. Next I topped it off with some fresh spinach, two thick slices of tomato, and 2 slices of avocado and I was in heaven. Now I'm not going total vegan. I do love my meat, but this is a great alternative to having a burger made from ground beef or turkey. Each patty is only 120 cal. and 4 g. of fat. I mean seriously, look at that burger. Did I look like I was deprived?? I think not.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
All Hail To The Mighty Black Bean Burger!!!!
So I found this totally amazing vegan burger patty and found it to be so delicious I had no choice but to blog about it. As you all know I have been experimenting and trying to find new and delicious ways to have some of my favorite fatty and waist expanding foods without....you know actually expanding my waist. I have found it. The holy mecca of lean and low-fat burgers!!! I have had many different kinds of vegan burgers in the past and for the most part have found them okay, this for sure tops them all. May I introduce Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers!! I popped this bad boy in the microwave, topped it off with some Sargento 2% Pepper Jack cheese, slapped it on a whole wheat bun with Kraft Mayo made with olive oil. Next I topped it off with some fresh spinach, two thick slices of tomato, and 2 slices of avocado and I was in heaven. Now I'm not going total vegan. I do love my meat, but this is a great alternative to having a burger made from ground beef or turkey. Each patty is only 120 cal. and 4 g. of fat. I mean seriously, look at that burger. Did I look like I was deprived?? I think not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
....I can't even say anything... it looks so delicious...
ReplyDeleteI'll have to look for these. I love Boca burgers, but this sounds even better!
ReplyDelete