Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Miracle of "just one more."

I haven't really blogged in awhile and mostly it's because I have felt like I have had nothing to really "blog" about. Life has been pretty normal. I wake up, I eat breakfast, I workout, and I go about my everyday business. Wash, rinse, repeat. This has been my life. Yet something extraordinary has happened. Something so small and seemingly insignificant that I almost missed it, but am glad that I didn't. It's the phrase "just one more" now I'm not talking about just one more bite of that cheesecake, or one more piece of candy. The one more I am referring to is pushing yourself just a little bit further each day to do better, to reach farther, to run harder. Every time I workout I always in my mind tell myself "just do one more", one more set, one more rep, just make it to the stop sign without stopping. Something wonderful happens every time this happens. I do that one more, I make it to that stop sign and find that I have the power to do one more again. So I challenge you guys who are making life changes to push yourself to do that one more. You don't know who strong you are until you do, and the reward at the end will be that much sweeter when you succeed.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm right there with you! It's amazing what even just adding an extra 5 minutes to my workout does. Even if its not burning that many more calories, I feel a big sense of accomplishment for pushing myself even further! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete