I decided a good thing to do to help keep me motivated and to pick up my spirits when I am having a bad day or week would be to write down all the things I wish, or I want to do but can't because my weight gets in the way. That way when things get rough and I look at this list it can hopefully help give me the strength to keep pushing forward. Some of these are pretty embarrassing to admit.
1. Have the energy to play and chase my son around and not be winded.
2. Not having to worry about whether I will fit in a booth seat at a restaurant. (We once had to move our entire party to a table because I could barely fit. It was humiliating.)
3. Be able to fit in amusement rides, and not have to worry if they have a weight limit.
4. Be able to shop wherever I want and not have to wonder if they have a plus size section.
5. To be able to sit and bend over and put on my shoes without holding my breath, or sucking in.
6. I know it's not good for your legs, but I always wanted to be able to cross my legs.
7. Be able to paint my own toe nails.
8. To sit down and not feel my lower abdomen resting on the tops of my thighs.
9. To feel confident.
10. Even though I probably never will, I would like to know I have a good enough body to wear a bikini if the mood ever strikes me.
11. Lower or even eliminate my risk for getting diabetes, heart attack, and certain kinds of cancer.
This is my list. What's yours? I would love to hear back from you guys with your own lists. It doesn't have to be a weight loss thing. Your wish list can be anything you want to attain in your life.
On a side note. Many of you know I love to cook, so over the next coming days and weeks I will be posting a barrage of recipes for a healthier lifestyle. I will explore the realms of low carb, low fat, and vegetarian dishes so be sure to check out my other blog Stephanie's Kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love it Steph.. I had to giggle at a couple because I too have felt the same way. I am taking one goal at a time. My first was to get under 200 lbs.. my second is to be out of the 190s.. and I have a pair of jeans(that use to be Jordans) that is one of my wishes. I want to be able to get off my blood pressure medicine.. wear a bikini or even just sexy undies/bra and feel good in them. I AM going to do it this time. I am motivated and ready for my life change. I turn 40 next February and plan to be smokin HOT by then!!! YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!
Great list! I just know you will be able to accomplish your goals. You are a very determined lady and I have no doubt in you abilities you reach your fullest potential. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteKris I know those goals are totally possible for you. When I come back up to Utah next year we are gonna have to do some shopping for our new bodies. I think some new sexy underwear sounds awesome. :)
ReplyDelete