Friday, September 25, 2009

A new beginning....a new me.

So anyway I never thought I would be blogging about the dimples on my butt or the way my love handles continue jiggling when I cease all movement. Yet here we are. So where to begin.....I have pretty much been overweight my entire life. I have never experienced the joys of shopping in the juniors department or being able to cross my legs in that oh so sexy style (which will lead to spider and varicose veins by the way). That was never me. Instead I am a short and pudgy half Korean. I only add the Korean part, because as my mother likes to tell me at every opportunity possible that Koreans are not supposed to look like this aka an oompa loompa. Anyway the point of this blog it to share my journey...well with anyone who cares to read about it. Hopefully I inspire someone else along my path to take a hold of their life with both hands and create something wonderful. Whether it be losing weight, or maybe going back to school. So now you must be wondering "what exactly is she doing that will help her achieve her goal?" Well for one I am working out at least 20 min. 5 days a week on my elliptical. My plan is to increase the time by 10 min. every week until I can do 1 hr. of hard heart pumping cardio. I am also doing the Biggest Loser 2-1 Cardio workouts 5 times a week. This includes resistance training which I will do every other day. This might seem like a lot, but really isn't considering the amount of weight that needs to be lost. Also lets face it, this is what it takes to get your body into shape....HARD WORK.

As far as my eating habits go, nothing hugely drastic. I will be adding more veggies, and fruits to my diet and cutting out some of the processed carbs and junk that I eat and eating more whole grains. I will also be cutting way down on the sugar. This will also include eating a larger Korean diet and cutting down on some of the American food that I eat. For those who don't know Asian diets traditionally consist of rice, lots of veggies, fish, and small portions of beef and pork. Most importantly portion sizes will be kept under control (no seconds) and no eating after 7 p.m. See nothing too crazy and nothing that I can't stick to with a little work and dedication on my part.

So now it's time to get down to the nitty gritty. How much weight am I talking about right? Well (takes a big breath) I am currently 280 lbs. and this is all sitting on a 5'1" frame so imagine how great I am feeling right now. Wow. Saying that was tough. My goal weight is 135 lbs. that was the last weight I was at where I felt good in my skin. I know for my height some people are thinking maybe I should go lower with my goal, but seriously any smaller than that and I'll end up looking like some sort of Ms. Swan bobble head. So, I hope for whoever finds this has been somewhat entertained and could post some words of encouragement for me. Kindness is always appreciated. For those who may be tempted to post negative comments I say this. "I know I'm fat, pointing out the obvious doesn't help."

I will be posting some pics of myself (that is painful) and will update the pics every two weeks to help track my progress. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps you kick start your own personal revolution.

With Love,
Stephanie


6 comments:

  1. I love you Steph! You can do it. Like you I'm on my journey to lose weight. If I can loose a 100lbs I can get of my meds. Being this big puts me at a high risk of diabetes :( So I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am there with you, I know you can do it my dear! You are so strong and will feel so much better. If you need someone to struggle along with you through your workouts or an ear to listen when you're frustrated you have my number. I would love to be a support to you. We could work out together if you like. Let me know. Love you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart, I just want to say YOU GO GIRL. I'm working on losing weight too because I want another baby and that won't happen until I lose the weight. So lets keep each other posted.:) I love you and you definitely have my encouragement. Call me if you get down for any reason. 360-736-3109

    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for you wonderful words of encouragement. When I'm feeling down I will definitely have to go back and read all of these as a source of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I am SO SO SO proud of you! I've been telling myself for years that I need to get in shape again - not skinny, just stronger and healthier. (And I don't want to get pregnant again until I'm at a healthier weight.) I admire your determination and your willingness to do this, you're so brave! I'll be praying and rooting for you every single step of the way!

    I think that 135 is the perfect weight goal for you. You're a married woman with a child - not an anorexic model. This isn't about you becoming skinny just for looks or something, this is about you becoming healthier and stronger physically, to match your inner beauty and strength. So you're getting healthy, not getting rid of ALL of your curves! Women should be curvy!

    ReplyDelete